This lil guy is why I LOVE having a Secret Santa exchange!One simple little, hilarious, ornament has given me 12 years of giggles each time I spy these boots!
It was Hannah's first Christmas that year. I was working at East Dakota Educational Co-op, as secretary extraordinaire & Mitch was still working nights at Heartland Paper Company, in the warehouse. This was our 4th Xmas holiday together, he & I, our second as married folk, our first as parents. It was Christmas 1995 when we discovered we were pregnant (and again Christmas 1997). His brain tumor was still a big dark cosmic secret. We split our days to be fully present with our new daughter; she'd yet to have had a single moment without either of us by her side. It was near this time that she decided she didn't need a bottle of breastmilk while I was at work, I came home often enough for her to be patient & we were both happy for her to nurse to her heart's content all night long. My parents lived next door & Mitch was turning our garage into the coolest Clubhouse in town. Blissfully happy, Christmas 1996, blissfully happy ♥
1 comment:
Enjoy the memories of blissfull happiness, my dear. That's what it's all about. And thanks for letting me experience it with you...I could feel it, for real.
Post a Comment