Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hannah's Molly

Molly ran a good contest against Hannah, in the baby-naming competition between Mitch and I. By sheer stubbornness, I won out (okay plus the fact that Molly Lea doesn't quite flow smoothly off the tongue) though I'm happy to admit that both Molly and Mallory tickled my fancy. If only I'd not been waiting 18 whole years to have a Hannah of my own... So we named her first dolly, Molly. Molly now lives the free life of a hedonist in the care of my friends, Meemer and Prairie. With this big Molly thread in our life, it was easy to begin to collect American Girl schtuff and over the years we amassed quite a collection. I've been blessed to witness the continued joy-bringing of Hannah's collection; the bittersweet gift of paying forward our fortune. Much to Hayden's surprise, I made it through an entire American Girl movie with nary a tear shed for what coulda been -- I was too busy soaking up the Joy of What Is: An American Girl movie with my son ♥

No comments: