Monday, December 15, 2008

Bart Simpson, 2004

I witnessed Bart's television debut, in Maggie's living room, Bakersfield, CA. Half my life ago. Our regular group viewing of FOX (the new network)'s Sunday night line up, ya remember, The Tracy Ullman Show and 21 Jumpstreet ♥ I've since been photographed with Matt Groening & crew while dressed as a valet, learned to say his name properly (rhymes with raining, thanks Jon), and given birth to a son who loves, loves, loves The Simpsons. Hayden giggles when Homer strangles his son, lucky to have lived a life without throttling; it makes my heiney tingle. every. time. I'm joyful at the difference in our perspectives; I know I've made his world better by shifting my own perspective, using consideration and striving to be mindful. Bart is the electrifying antithesis to Hayden's true life. He can have Bart-like excitement and adventure with me, instead of in spite of me. What more could I dare ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you have the photograph??? There are very few celebrities I'd have any interest in meeting, and Matt Groening is one of them. By the way, he went to the same high school I did -- only a decade apart. :p