Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Golden Vortex Party

As soon as the message was on the board, the plotting began... we Sunnyside-Up-pers were determined to have a holiday party truly reflective of, well, Sunnyside Up & Our Crew. First order of business, the employees invited their super cool friends & the bosses did, too ♥ It was the perfect blend of unschoolers and future unschoolers ♥The food? sorry, I couldn't stop stuffing myself long enough to take pictures. Didja know those almond-stuffed-dates-wrapped-in-bacon-thingies are totally dairy free? Me neither! But now I know ♥ Thank you Caroline for bringing such amazingness into the vortex, we will keep you. (Jon even made some with fakon, I don't think they were as good...) I even snuck a few pieces of Barack O'Brownie, because I had to; they went with my card that reads: (front) [photo of Barack] Christmas 2008 (inside) Thanks, Santa! hee hee hee.
The companionship? I got pictures of that! Our drum circle was the highlight of the nightThe dancefloor doubled as a hackey-sack fieldReally, it was such a blast I have few pictures...Then there is The Frisbee Sniper Incident, which shall be a post all it's own, so as not to hijack this one! Let me just say I am honored to work in such an amazing place, for and with the most amazing humans, following our most amazing paths, creating our most amazing connections, in this most amazing time and place - Namaste, for real my friends, Namaste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! I found you! I *knew* you were hiding another blog some place!

Love the pictures. Look how cute Willow is sitting on her feet! (How do kids *do* that???)

hi, i'm kat. said...

yay, WE were so honored to be included at this fun-filled, love-filled festive evening. jasper declared it was the BEST PARTY EVER! of course it was why we did not leave until 1:30 am!!