Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Get moving, keep moving, just move d*mmit!

I don't move much. I was a sloth in a pretty recent incarnation, I just know it. Probably worked my way through some cold blooded lives too. I just don't remember being a physically active person. Spurts of fitness crazes here and there. I guess I liked it, obviously not enough to become my own Cory Everson nor enough to avoid remaining soft bodied. Now having been a mama for more than 12 years, I guess I deserve to continue to remain soft bodied. My soft bodiedness has no ill effect on my health, I've dodged the obesity bullet.
And it sure would be cool if is cool when I move my ass. Really. I just know, too, that moving the muscles in my body creates a chemical reaction beyond my human understanding; it allows the whole of my body to work together. Seeing what I see, thinking what I think, hearing what I hear, all change the composite that is at any one time ~*me*~
Yesterday, I made the loop over to the abandoned campground (where Charlie got some glorious off-leash time, returning at the high-pitched kissing sound I make) and back around home again, through my favorite local neighborhood, listening to Memiors of a Geisha.
We saw Juniper berries that look like little Easter Island facesAnd moss covered, well, everything, including this rockAnd beautiful, strong, tall, evergreens, which remind me to keep the faithAnd yet another rock, supporting yet more green lifea sign of young political activism, patriotism at its finest a sign our children are importanta find that reminded me of my childrenAnd lest one think we're drowning in green overloadthe colors explode from everywhereI long to eat such beautifully colored foods!!another sign for me to seeand still more kinds of moss and green to admireand graceful beauty of mushroomsI sat for a moment in awe of this fungusAnd later, when I was parked again, I watched The Dog Whisperer. Yeah, right in my own living room, Cesar gave me the what-for about our Charlie issues. "Dogs wake up and they walk. It's what they do. You need to do that for your dog." Because the dog's schedule is tied to mine (yep, that makes me the bitch) it's my awakening that dictates the walk's beginning. So today, for the very first time of my life, save some bizarre weeks at Xian church camps with morning calisthenics, I was outside walking, the dog, within 15 minutes of waking.
Work starts Monday. I'll be scheduling a dog walk before taking the bus to work. Hm. Let's see what happens tomorrow. For today, I moved. Yay me ♥

No comments: